Leading youth strength coach, David Parker, shares some important and engaging reasons for utilising the gym environment to improve fitness for children, their movement capacity, and their physical abilities.
David Parker FAFS, has worked tirelessly in the fitness industry since 1995 and has benefited from the teachings and through direct mentoring by some of the most respected names in the fitness industry, such as Paul Chek, Gary Gray, and Fraser Quelch. Over the years David has worked for leading health and fitness education organisations including Premier Training, Fitpro, TRX, Active IQ, Lifetime, and PT Academy. As a qualified personal trainer, strength and conditioning coach, and functional trainer, David set up his own highly successful youth fitness and physical development programme in 2011 called IMove Training.
Episode content: Fitness for children
In episode 29 of the show with David Parker, we discuss a range of important and insightful topics including:
- Is the gym a suitable environment for the physical development of children?
- Does weight training stunt children’s growth?
- Where does the concepts of ‘play’ and ‘fun’ lay in relation to gym training for children?
- Key differences in the conditioning of children compared to strength training adults
- What differences in training methodology are necessary between younger children and older youth/teens
- How to increase the adherence of a fitness/conditioning programme for children?
If you enjoy this episode, then please rate the show and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free expert information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or the video series on YouTube so you will receive each update immediately upon release. To enjoy more engaging expert interviews, please visit our full podcast library.
Connect with David on social media
This additional short video gives a quick insight into some of the ideas and insights that David shared on fitness training and physical conditioning for children.
If you would like to learn more about any of the fitness and nutrition courses offered by Nordic Fitness Education, please browse our highly informative course pages.