The Sleep Recovery Specialist (SRS) is an online, continuing professional development course that helps fitness professionals gain the knowledge and skills necessary to support and guide a client’s behaviours and actions to positively impact their sleep.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Complete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- PD hours: 19
- €249.00 excl. Tax
The SRS clearly defines the vast scale of sleep problems in Western society and justifies the need for a rapid increase in public education and support to reverse the negative impact of modern sleep loss. Qualified fitness professionals are already in place all around the world, supporting and helping individuals with the first 2 pillars of health, namely exercise and diet. The fitness profession is, therefore, perfectly positioned to support a wide spectrum of the public in addressing the vital 3rd pillar of health, namely sleep.
The SRS covers important subjects and skills necessary to serve as a fully-trained advisor on non-medical sleep problems. It provides an in-depth knowledge base, the important sleep assessment tools, and a wide range of effective strategies for supporting clients to improve their sleep habits and behaviours. This 20 hour course of study is fully referenced with more than 65 citations from the current sleep science literature (2018). The SRS has also been supported by leading sleep coaches and sleep scientists who are featured within our e-learning via personal 1 to 1 video interviews on their respective specialist subjects.
Improve your client’s sense of happiness and wellbeing, improve their health risk markers, reduce their risk of obesity and diabetes, improve their daily energy and alertness, reduce their appetite and sweet cravings, improve their recovery from physical training, increase their muscle building potential, and achieve all of this through learning how to improve their sleep. Stand out from the crowd and become a skilled and certified Sleep Recovery Specialist with Nordic Fitness Education.
- Completed secondary level education
- Already qualified at one of the following recognised *European levels:
- Level 3 fitness instructor
- Level 3 group fitness instructor
- Level 4 personal trainer
* Qualifications levels refer to the European Sector Qualification Framework as defined by Europe Active
The Sleep Recovery Specialist is composed of 6 sections of study. Knowledge and skills are checked via a range of 5 online assessments and a final online case study exam. A maximum of 8 weeks is allowed to complete the full course.
- Modern sleep problems
- Sleep physiology
- Sleep for exercise performance and recovery
- Sleep analysis
- Sleep strategies
- Expert interviews
Why choose the Sleep Recovery Specialist course?
- Be a leading fitness professionals in the industry with this important lifestyle skill
- Be able to provide your client’s or gym members with a unique and important sleep improvement service
- Developed to include all the necessary knowledge and skills to function effectively within the fitness industry as a qualified Sleep Recovery Specialist
- The course has been reviewed and approved by Europe Active’s Lifelong Learning Programme and is recognised to provide the maximum 10 hours of ongoing education as determined by the industry´s European professional regulatory body
- Benefit from exceptional online content that provides an engaging and enjoyable learning experience
- Study around your existing lifestyle and commitments
|Business Skills for Personal Training - Professional development course||Elearning|
|Nutrition for Health and Fitness - Professional development course||Elearning|