Fitness is a truly exciting and rewarding career, but it seems that many new trainers may struggle to find those secrets to a successful fitness journey. Approximately 50% of personal trainers (*2018) have been in the industry for less than 5 years, whereas only 6.9% of trainers have more than 15 years of experience. So to speak with a fitness professional that has consistently succeeded within the industry at all levels for more than 3 decades is truly something special! In this episode, we tease out some gems and enjoy a few fascinating stories with leading international fitness expert, Ceri Hannan.
33 years in the Health & Fitness industry has taken Ceri Hannan across the World in various capacities. As the former British Aerobics Champion, he represented the United Kingdom at European & World level. His presenting career alongside his work with many health club operators has seen his programmes and systems delivered to millions of fitness consumers globally! Ceri is based in Cape Town, South Africa, where he is the National Product Development Manager working alongside the exercise experience team at Virgin Active. He is also the co-director of Chrysalis Promotions, the organizers of the annual The International Fitness Showcase event in the UK, which is one of the top 10 fitness conventions in the world.
Episode content: Successful fitness journey
If you like engaging true stories with real value and meaning behind them, then this episode will be worth every minute of your time. We draw out some fascinating life experience and important success principles as a fitness professional during this episode.
- 1:40 Secrets to career longevity within the fitness industry
- 4:44 A memorable trip back to Ceri’s first fitness experience and how this inspired his drive for fitness career success
- 13:30 An emphasis on simplicity and passion
- 18:42 An example of a difficult fitness career experience and how Ceri managed this to springboard into something more positive
- 30:44 The importance of connection and networking for opening new opportunities
- 35:48 Ceri’s perspective on the role of small, consistent habits as a progressive model for success
- 41:59 Predictions for future trends and areas where the fitness industry will flourish looking forward
Connect with Ceri on social media
Rate the show
If you enjoyed this episode, then please rate the show, give a short review, and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free expert information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or the video series on YouTube so you will receive each update immediately upon release.
For other great episodes and expert guests on the Fit to Succeed show, visit our full podcast library.